ACTIVE TASKS::restart tasks(); missing files
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Error Message
This Message from the BOINC Client Software indicates that the attempts to start, or restart processing of a Result failed due to one or more files not being available on the Participant's Computer. This may be the result of:
- A "crash" of the Disk Drive, or
- Ill behaved Science Application that deleted more files than it should have, or
- the Participant deleting files or directories by mistake.
If not automatic, it is appropriate to select the failing Result / Work Unit in the Work Tab ** of the BOINC Manager and operate the 'Abort' button in left margin of the screen. This will signal the scheduler on next communication with the project servers, that the work unit has been abandoned. If still required by the project for instance to complete a quorum minimum, it can then send out a Result copy to another Participant's_Computer aka Host for processing.
** Work Tab is in later versions of BOINC Manager known as "Tasks Tab".
 Version Information
 Example Log(s)
 Missing Files
2005-04-07 12:43:11 [ProteinPredictorAtHome] ACTIVE_TASKS::restart_tasks(); missing files 2005-04-07 12:43:11 [ProteinPredictorAtHome] Unrecoverable error for result t0227E_1_91584_0 (One or more missing files)
- ACTIVE_TASKS::restart_tasks(); missing files
- The BOINC Daemon attempted to restart the processing of a Result but one or more files needed to process the Result are missing.
- The missing files creates a situation where the Result cannot be processed.
 Other Related Messages