BOINC Screen Saver
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
The BOINC Client Software includes a screen saver program. When active, the screen saver does the following:
- If a graphics-capable application is running, the screen saver causes that application to provide full-screen graphics. If more than one is running (e.g. on a multiprocessor) the screen saver cycles between them every few minutes.
- If applications are running but none are graphics-capable, the screen saver shows the names of the applications and their fraction done.
- If the core client is running but no applications are running, the screen saver shows that.
- If the core client is not running, the screen saver shows that.
Normally, if you press a key or mouse the mouse while the screen saver is active, the screen saver will exit. Some BOINC applications handle keyboard/mouse input. If you hold down the control key, any additional input will be passed to the application, and your computer will remain in screen saver mode.
 Also See
- BOINC Screen Saver
- BOINC Screensaver Set-Up
- Enabling The Graphics Capability of the BOINC Client Software for a Service Type Installation
- Climateprediction.net (CPDN):
 UCB Source
 Copyright ©
- 2005 University of California
- 2005 Paul D. Buck
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.