BOINC Web Site Owner's Manual
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
In the BOINC Web Site Owner's Manual we will cover the material that is of interest to the participant in a BOINC Powered Project in the use of the Project Web Site. There is a companion Owner's Manual for the BOINC Client Software, the BOINC Application Owner's Manual that covers all of the properties, characteristics, quirks, and even some light reading on the actual operation of software and how to use it to the best advantage.
One of the difficulties one faces with documenting the Web Sites of the BOINC Powered Projects, is quite simply that most of the Projects "tailor" the site to their needs and desires. This means we are faced with some difficulties when trying to logically present a definition of how the web sites are organized.
The contents usually do not vary that much in that the pages that make up a "standard" BOINC Web Site are already defined. But, particularly the first page encountered is usually the one that is more commonly altered by the Project.
Other areas, not commonly part of all, but of many BOINC Powered Projects include:
The "Join" section contains the links to the pages and forms needed to begin to contribute to any of BOINC Powered Project, which is, of course, a Distributed Computing Project. The BOINC Powered Projects like this have in common:
- A defined set of "Rules and Policies" that are listed on the "Rules and Policies" Page, and
- An introduction to the overall concept of the BOINC System, and
- The Account Creation Process, and
- The place where the BOINC Client Software can be obtained.
- Other places where you can create and update personal information, preferences, read and post on message boards, join a team, track your progress in comparison to other Participants, etc.
 Returning Participants
The "Community" section contains information and resources that allow you to interact with the other Participants.
 Project Totals And Leaderboards
This section contains the small amount of statistical information that is maintained by the Project and the accomplishments of the Participants, the Participant's Computers, and the Teams. The pages linked to in this section include: