BOINC failed to log in to '(url)'
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Information Message
This Message means that the BOINC Client Software was not able to complete the "log-in" process. This message is returned when the Participant is attempting to "Attach" the BOINC Client Software to a BOINC Powered Project, and it is assumed that a little "extra" assistance might not be amiss.
In any event, the error is always traced to an error in the copy process from the Project's e-Mail to the the "Attach" dialog window. The most common error is the copying of an extra space ...
- A detailed process to perform this task is contained within the BOINC "How-To" Guide "Attaching The BOINC Client Software To A BOINC Powered Project".
Check carefully, and try again. Heck I sometimes have problems ... how do you suppose I got this error log?
 Version Information
 Example Log(s)
 Invalid or Missing Account Key
2005-06-02 16:24:01 [ ] Starting BOINC client version 4.32 for hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.11 2005-06-02 16:24:01 [ ] Insufficient work; requesting more 2005-06-02 16:24:04 [http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/] Requesting 8640.00 seconds of work 2005-06-02 16:24:04 [http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/] Sending request to scheduler: http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_cgi/cgi 2005-06-02 16:24:05 [http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/] Scheduler RPC to http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_cgi/cgi succeeded 2005-06-02 16:24:05 [SETI@home ] Message from server: Invalid or missing account key. Visit this project's web site to get an account key. BOINC failed to log in to http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/. Please check your account key and try again. 2005-06-02 16:24:05 [SETI@home ] Resetting project 2005-06-02 16:24:05 [SETI@home ] Detaching from project
- This is the normal start-up message of the BOINC Client Software, and since this is an attempt to "Attach" to a Project, this is likely to happen on the first time the Participant tries to do this task.
- Because this is the first time that the Project is being contacted, it is very likely you need work.
- This is just a message telling you how much work you need to get to satisfy the size you have selected for your Work Buffer. This number is always expressed in seconds.
- This message indicates that the BOINC Client Software is making the attempt to connect to the Project's Scheduling Server.
- This message tells you that the communication session completed without error.
- Message from server: Invalid or missing account key. Visit this project's web site to get an account key
- Note: You may also see:
- BOINC failed to log in to http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/. Please check your account key and try again.
- Now, this is the problem we are looking at. The BOINC Database seems to have a different Account Key than the one that you entered. To be honest, all of the times I have helped people with this problem, it is always an error in the Account Key that you enter. Trust me ...
- Because the attempt to attach to the Project was unsuccessful, the Project has to be "Reset", and the BOINC Client Software "detached" from the Project.
- Now we finish up and "detach" from the Project.
 Other Related Messages