Can't link result '(result)' in state file
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Warning Message
The BOINC Client Software is unable to connect information in the state file to the Result's physical presence on the Participant's Computer. Basically, the "bookkeeping" indicates that there should be a Result on the Disk Drive, but the BOINC Daemon cannot locate it.
- An error occurred during prior operations and the physical link was deleted.
- The Result was reported but the bookkeeping was not properly updated.
- The Result Data File was deleted by some other program or Participant action.
- Another Participant broke in to the location where the computer is, and that Participant stole the Result Data File to increase their Credit score.
- The Application Information File contains incorrect information.
 Version Information
 Example Log(s)
 Can't Link Result In State File
Because of an error in the Application Information File, all the work that was in-progress on the Participant's Computer is deleted. You don't see the other messages that I deleted for brevity's sake, but there were about 10-15 Results that were lost due to this one error.
2005-05-19 13:26:58 [SETI@home] Found app_info.xml; using anonymous platform 2005-05-19 13:26:58 [SETI@home] WU refers to nonexistent app_version: setiathome 409 2005-05-19 13:26:58 [SETI@home] Can't link workunit in state file -+-+/\/\/\/\/\ Log Break /\/\/\/\/\-+-+- 2005-05-19 13:26:58 [SETI@home] link_result: nonexistent WU 30dc04ab.18554.20210.317312.3 2005-05-19 13:26:58 [SETI@home] Can't link result 30dc04ab.18554.20210.317312.3_1 in state file -+-+/\/\/\/\/\ Log Break /\/\/\/\/\-+-+- 2005-05-19 13:26:58 [SETI@home] ACTIVE_TASK::parse(): result not found
- This message tells us that the Science Application to be used for this Project (SETI@Home) is not the standard, Project provided Science Application.
- 'Unfortunately ...
- The information in the State File for the Work Unit refers to a specific version of a Science Application and that version of the Science Application is not available. Because the Application Information File does not contain the correct information for the Work Unit and the BOINC Daemon cannot start the Science Application required by this Work Unit.
- Because the earlier link between the Work Unit and the Science Application failed, the Work Unit was deleted and therefor does not exist.
- Can't link result '(result)' in state file
- As a final result of all of this, the Active Task could not be found.
 Other Related Messages