Can't parse result in state file
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Error Message
This Message means that the BOINC Client Software attempted to read the State File but found that the data in the State File was corrupt or missing. In this case, the State File was found to be bad when working with the Result information recorded.
The corruption in the file could be the result of a number of problems. The most common one would be an interruption in the recording of information within the State File. This could be caused by:
- An un-graceful halting of the BOINC Daemon.
- Power outage
- "Cold" restart of the Participant's Computer.
 Version Information
 Example Log(s)
 Can't Parse Result In State File
(1) 2005-07-22 08:49:47 [ ] Starting BOINC client version 4.45 for windows_intelx86 (2) 2005-07-22 08:49:47 [ ] Data directory: C:\Program Files\BOINC (3) 2005-07-22 08:49:47 [SETI@home] Found app_info.xml; using anonymous platform (4) 2005-07-22 08:49:47 [ ] Can't parse result in state file (5) 2005-07-22 08:49:47 [ ] State file has different major version (0.00); resetting projects (6) 2005-07-22 08:49:48 [SETI@home] Resetting project
- Starting BOINC client version '(version)' for '(os)'
- This message indicates that the BOINC Client Software is starting.
- Data directory: '(directory-path)'
- Found app_info.xml; using anonymous platform
- Can't parse result in state file
- State file has different major version ('(major-version)'.'(minor-version)'); resetting projects
- The State File is corrupt.
- Resetting project
 Other Related Messages
 Developer Information
|CVS Extract:||cvs -d :pserver:anonymous:@alien.ssl.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsroot checkout boinc/client/cs_statefile.C|