From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
A message from a computer system or application program that indicates a significant event or problem during operation that does require operator intervention. This is almost always an indicator of some kind of very un-good thing happening. In the case of the BOINC Client Software these messages are displayed on the Messages Tab of the BOINC Manager's window.
In the hierarchy of messages you will see while running the BOINC Client Software;
- Information Messages are the lowest priority, followed by
- Status Messages, then
- Warning Messages and finally by the most critical,
- Error Messages.
 Also See
- Category List of All BOINC Messages
- Category List of BOINC Information Messages
- Category List of BOINC Status Messages
- Category List of BOINC Warning Messages
- Error Message Defined;
- Category List of BOINC Error Messages