Fetching scheduler list
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Information Message
This Message means that the BOINC Client Software is trying to obtain the Project's Scheduler List from the Project's Web Site by addressing the Project's Master URL. Once the Web Page has been fetched, the contents of this page will be scanned for the URLs that point to the Project's Schedulers.
The reason for this two step isolation is that it grants the projects the freedom to move, add, delete, modify, or otherwise change the number of and location of the Schedulers without having to notify all of the Participants.
 Version Information
- Fetching master file
- Fetching master page
 Example Log(s)
 Master Page Download Succeeded
2005-06-26 23:46:45 [resourcemeasurement] Fetching master file 2005-06-26 23:46:47 [resourcemeasurement] Master page download succeeded
- We are going to use the Project's Master URL to fetch the Master File which will have address (URL) information embedded within that will allow us to contact the Project's Schedulers.
- And we were successful in obtaining the Master Page.
 Too Many Backoffs - Fetching Master File
2005-06-26 23:46:03 [Pirates@Home] Fetching master file 2005-06-26 23:46:04 [Pirates@Home] Master file parse failed 2005-06-26 23:46:04 [Pirates@Home] Too many backoffs - fetching master file 2005-06-26 23:46:05 [Pirates@Home] Deferring communication with project for 2 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes, and 48 seconds
- The Master File failed to parse for one or more reasons.
- Because of the number of times we tried to work with the Master Page exceeds the error bounds, we will obtain a fresh copy after the time required for the Exponential Back-Off has expired.
- And now we wait for a brief span of time, I mean, heck, it is only 2 days ...
 Other Related Messages
- Can't open master file
- Couldn't read master page for '(project identifier)': error '(error-code)'
- Couldn't start download of scheduler list: '(error-text)'
- Obsolete: Couldn't start master page download: '(error-code)'
- Obsolete: Couldn't start master page download: '(error-text)'
- Fetching scheduler list
- Obsolete: Fetching master file
- Obsolete: Fetching master page
- Scheduler list fetch failed
- Obsolete: Master file fetch failed
- Obsolete: Master page fetch failed
- Master file parse failed
- Master page download succeeded
- Master page has no schedulers
- Scheduler op: init_master_fetch failed.
- Too many backoffs - fetching master file
 Developer Information
|CVS Extract:||cvs -d :pserver:anonymous:@alien.ssl.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsroot checkout boinc/client/scheduler_op.C|