MD5 computation error for '(file-name)': '(error-code)'
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Warning Message
This error Message indicates that the Work Unit that has been downloaded has a different signature than the file that is located on the Project's Data Server. This is an indication of a problem with the communication between the BOINC Daemon on the Participant's Computer and the Project's Data Server.
There a large number of reasons that this can happen. Even when there is no real system problem. Noise on the communication line (phone or DSL line for example), heavy traffic on the Project's Servers, heavy traffic on the Participant's network (son or daughter is streaming audio or video while you are trying to get something useful done ...), errors on the server's disk drives, errors on the participant's disk drive, etc. meaning that there are lots of reasons that can cause this problem.
The BOINC Client Software has built-in error testing to make sure that the information downloaded is correct, is not corrupted, and is a valid data file, and this is one of those tests that are in place for your protection.
 Version Information
 Example Log(s)
 MD5 Computation Error For File
2005-04-04 20:22:34 [SETI@home] Giving up on download of 02ja04ab.18465.10865.523582.9: file was not found on server md5_file: No such file or directory md5_file: can't open projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu\02ja04ab.18465.10865.523582.9 2005-04-04 20:22:34 [SETI@home] MD5 computation error for 02ja04ab.18465.10865.523582.9: -108 2005-04-04 20:22:34 [SETI@home] Checksum or signature error for 02ja04ab.18465.10865.523582.9 2005-04-04 20:22:34 [SETI@home] Unrecoverable error for result 02ja04ab.18465.10865.523582.9_5 (WU download error: couldn't get input files: <file_xfer_error> <file_name>02ja04ab.18465.10865.523582.9</file_name> <error_code>-108</error_code> <error_message>MD5 computation error</error_message> </file_xfer_error>)
- The BOINC Client Software tried to download a file but was unable to find it on the Project's Data Server.
- The file or directory that should contain the file is missing.
- This message indicates the particular file and directory that cannot be located.
- MD5 computation error for '(file-name)': '(error-code)'
- Unrecoverable error for result '(result)' (WU download error: couldn't get input files: '(file-list)': MD5 computation error)
- An unrecoverable error! Drat! All because the input files were missing or otherwise unavailable.