Message from server: Project is temporarily shut down for maintenance
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
Message Type: Warning Message
This Message means that the BOINC Client Software has tried to contact the Project and has established minimal contact with the Project's Scheduling Server, but the Project itself is currently Off-Line because the Project Team is working on the system.
 Example Log(s)
 Server Down For Maintenance
2005-04-04 02:23:25 [LHC@home] Sending request to scheduler: http://lhcathome-sched1.cern.ch/scheduler/cgi 2005-04-04 02:23:26 [LHC@home] Scheduler RPC to http://lhcathome-sched1.cern.ch/scheduler/cgi succeeded 2005-04-04 02:23:26 [LHC@home] Message from server: Project is temporarily shut down for maintenance 2005-04-04 02:23:26 [LHC@home] Project is down 2005-04-04 02:23:26 [LHC@home] Deferring communication with project for 1 hours, 16 minutes, and 49 seconds
 Line-By-Line Explanation
- The Participant's Computer is asking for more work by submitting a request to the Scheduler.
- The Scheduler Request succeeded.
- Message from server: Project is temporarily shut down for maintenance
- Because the Project is Off-Line for maintenance, the Scheduler cannot service any Scheduler Requests.
- Now, we will wait for some interval of time set by the Exponential Back-Off Mechanism.