From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
A message from a computer system or application program that has no requirement for operator intervention, but is reporting current operational state of the reporting system. Typical status messages in the BOINC Client Software are to tell you that the program has started and what Work Unit is being processed using which Science Application. In the case of the BOINC Client Software these messages are displayed on the Messages Tab of the BOINC Manager's window.
In the hierarchy of messages you will see while running the BOINC Client Software;
- Information Messages are the lowest priority, followed by
- Status Messages, then
- Warning Messages and finally by the most critical,
- Error Messages.
 Also See
- Category List of All BOINC Messages
- Category List of BOINC Information Messages
- Status Message Defined;
- Category List of BOINC Status Messages
- Category List of BOINC Warning Messages
- Category List of BOINC Error Messages