World Community Grid
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
The World Community Grid is a slightly different BOINC Powered Project in that it is a "Project of Projects". It allows you, the Participant the opportunity to contribute to one or more of the Projects they sponsor and support. At the moment the following sub-projects are currently offered:
Projects in Progress:
- Help Fight Childhood Cancer (Launched March 13, 2009)
- The Clean Energy Project using CHARMM appl.(Launched Dec 5, 20080)
- Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2 (Q2-09)
- Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together, Phase 2 using CHARMM appl. (Q2-09)
- Help Conquer Cancer (Launched November 6, 2007)
- Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together, on AutoDock appl. (Launched August 21, 2007)
- Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2 (Launched June 23, 2006)
- FightAIDS@Home, on AutoDock appl.(Launched November 21, 2005)
- Project X, (Q1-09)
- Nutritious Rice for the World (Launched May 12, 2008)
- AfricanClimate@Home, Phase 1 (Launched September 3, 2007 - Completed June 19, 2008)
- Fiocruz Genome Comparison (Launched November 21, 2006 - Completed July 21, 2007)
- Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 1 (Launched Dec. 19, 2006 - Completed June 2007)
- Help Defeat Cancer (Launched July 20, 2006 - Completed April 3, 2007)
- Human Proteome Folding Project - Phase 1 (Launched Nov. 11, 2004 - Completed July 18, 2006)
Within your account there is an option, "My Projects", that you can check to designate which of the Projects you wish to support. If you select only one project you will only get work from that one Project. If you select more than one Project, you will get a mix of work depending on the needs of the "community of projects" and the availability of work.
- All (sub) projects run under BOINC as World Community Grid
As new Projects are added, if you have selected "Please opt me in to new projects as they become available." on the "My Projects" or Device Profile pages, you will automatically be issued work for any new Projects added to the World Community Grid.
Work for members who have chosen 'All' or multiple projects, will receive work according to availability and priority at discretion of World Community Grid.
 Reading List for Protein Folding Related Projects
Regrettably, there is somewhat confusing vocabulary necessary to begin a discussion of the Rosetta@Home method of protein folding, as well as comparisons of this approach with other related BOINC Powered Projects: Poem@Home, Folding@Home, Predictor@Home, Rosetta@Home, SIMAP@Home, and World Community Grid.
 More About World Community Grid
- World Community Grid - Getting Started, Overview, Troubleshooting
- What Is The Difference Between The Different Protein Projects?
- How much resource share should I give to the World Community Grid?
- Problems Running - How-To Test Machine Stability