Your Account Page
From Unofficial BOINC Wiki
This is the first screen that describes your Account. As you can see we have quite a few items of information on this page. We will discuss each of these components of the Account Information and give you a rundown of what this information is used for and how to best configure your Account, for your needs and desires. To do this we will be taking side trips to the pages (via the links) that allow you to make edits to any of the information listed on this page.
- The actual way that this page is displayed depends on many factors. For example, if you have not yet created a "Profile" you will see a link in the "Profile" section that says "Create"; however, once the Profile has been created this will change to two links with one being "View or Edit" and the other being "Delete".
There are four or more classes of information on this page (depending on the Project), and they are each listed under a "Section Header". These sections are:
- Account Information
- Account Statistics
- Latest Trickles (Climateprediction.net (CPDN) only)
Each of these sections displays data or contains one or more links to another page that will allow you to update, revise, clear, or enter new values that will be information that is made part of your Account. In some cases it will have data and one or more links. In summary, this is a display page with the information listed for review with all edits being performed on other pages.
Departing a little from out logical format, we made links above and will be doing the details of this page on the five (5) different main blocks of information on this page. There is just too much to cover to try to do it on this one page.
 Section by Section
 Account Information Section
Who are you? What do you want to be called? Where are you? This is the information that is contained in the "Your Account" Page - "Account Information" Section. This is the information that is used to confirm your identity, determine the name which will be used for any posts you make, gives the opportunity for you to show off a Web Page of your choice, and puts you into a country locale.
Additional details are in the "break-out": "Your Account" Page - "Account Information" Section.
 Profile Section
Additional details are in "break-out": "Your Account" Page - "Profile" Section.
 Preferences Section
Your "Preferences" are a collection of settings that you wish to use on your computers for BOINC Powered Projects. The "General Preferences" apply to all of the BOINC Powered Projects in which you are a Participant.
Additional details are in "break-out": "Your Account" Page - "Preferences" Section.
 Account Statistics Section
The "Account Statistics" Section that contains a summarization of your contribution to the specific BOINC Powered Project.
Additional details are in "break-out": "Your Account" Page - "Account Statistics" Section.
 Other Section
In the "Other" Section of the "Your Account" Page we have some miscellaneous information and controls.
Additional details are in "break-out": "Your Account" Page - "Other" Section.
 Latest Trickles Section
Additional details are in "break-out": "Your Account" Page - "Latest Trickles Received" Section.
 Notes, Oddities, and "Watch Out For This"
- If you do not have a value filled in for some of the fields, those fields will not display on the page.
For example, if I do not have a URL entered, that line will "drop-out" and will not be visible for certain projects.
- Only those lines with information to be displayed will be visible.
- The "Profile" section will initially display the single value "Create" until you have created a Profile.
Once you have created a Profile, the "View or Edit" and "Delete" lines will be available but the "Create" line will not be available until you have deleted your Profile.
- If you want to limit the display of information about yourself, then you should not create a Profile. Further, you must enter the "General Preferences" Page and turn off visibility of your computers.
- The computers listed in your Account may be visible for a short time after this setting has been changed. Likewise, making them "visible" again will take a couple moments.
 Related Web Site Pages
- "Account Data" Page
- "Computers Belonging To '(participant-name)'" Page
- "Profile" Page
- "Your Account" Page
 Web Addresses of the "Your Account" Page
|Climateprediction.net (CPDN)||"Your Account" Page|
|Einstein@Home||"Your Account" Page|
|LHC@Home||"Your Account" Page|
|Predictor@Home||"Your Account" Page|
|Rosetta@Home||"Your Account" Page|
|SETI@Home||"Your Account" Page|
- If you do not have an Account with the Project you will not be able to accomplish anything with the links above.